Friday, March 12, 2010

Peru Saga: tonight I celebrate with goat

Another crazy day at the ER. Two kids who were run over. Another guy who cut off his finger. A kid who split open his head. A guy who cut his finger with a knife. A guy who was working and part of the machine split open his leg and his hand that I had suture. Two gun shot wounds. One of the guys whose family didn´t want to show up and help him so sat there with an open wound for 5 hours before I got to work. I cleaned him up and put some extra gause on his wounds and bandaged him up. He was still pretty drunk. I cleaned up the burn victims from the day before and the guys who were beat up. I don´t remember the other patients but I do remember that I haven´t sat down all day and my feet are throbbing. This is pretty typical of 12 hours with no sitting and no lunch. But tonight on my way home from work I sat down and a fancy restaurant ($7) and ate cabrito a famous dish here made from goat meat. It was pretty good. Last night, I had awesome ribs for $3 at a fancier restaurant. The restaurant is right by my house and calls my name every night. It was so good. They serve big peices of corn called choclo and salad. I also had fresh squeezed O J. I am going to the beach tomorrow after my institute dance tonight.Partying up my last couple of days in Peru. Thanks Melis for picking me up. My flight gets in at 1245pm from Atlanta. I am flying Delta and they say that it is flight 150. However it only has my flight from Lima on the itinerary so the number might be off.

No comments: