Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Peru Saga: I was lost but now I am found

These last couple of days have been more of the same. Sad story today. A lady 25 years old came in with serious brain injury after her minibus was hit (this is pretty common as these volkswagon buses don´t have seat belts) It turns out she is 3 months pregnant. They are going to try to keep her alive as long as possible but most likely she and the baby will pass away. Another 50 year old guy was playing soccer and broke his leg. Two other motor vehicle accidents today with broken femurs. An 90 year old lady with a broken hip. Three kids with sliced open lip, head, and fingers that I sutured as they screamed at me from their burrito blanket restraint. Another sad story, a baby with multiple injuries most likely from child abuse. However, there is no child protective services so they don´t do anything about it. Lots more cases that I don´t rememberLast night I got off work around 7 and thought about going to institute and looked it up on the internet. I couldn´t figure it out so I thought that I would go to the movie theater instead. I saw one close to my house as I was walking home from the hospital. Nevertheless I went on the wrong street and was lost and ran into the institute building 2 blocks from my house. I met some of the members and classes had already started so I just peaked in. They have 5 different classrooms with schedule from early morning to 730 at night. I ended up going tonight and the teacher loved to pick on me. All of the classes were full and they had to bring chairs in. It was really great to see. I went with a couple of the members to eat afterwards. I ended up going to the movie theater last night to watch Wolf Man and was surprised that my ticket was less than $2 so I got popcorn and a drink for $3. It was great..the first time I have had refreshments at a movie theater. Living it up in PeruScott

No comments: