Sunday, July 30, 2006

All good things have to come to an end

It is my last night in Lao. It is a little surreal that I am flying back to Bangkok tomorrow and then to USA the next day. This has been such a brilliant experience (I realized that I say cool, awesome, and amazing too much so I picked up the Adj brilliant from the brits) It is going to feel wierd paying more than $2 for good meal and $3 for a hotel.Here is an update of what we have done the last couple of days. Yesterday we went on a Wat tour of the city and then Anne and I went to a waterfall in a tuk tuk. It cost $2.50 for the round trip ride that took us 30 km away and we got to see the country. It was pretty funny as all of the kids in each small town waved and yelled hello at us. We passed at least 10 towns and all of the kids did the same thing. I wondered if the government paid the kids to make the tourists feel that special, but it is Lao to make everyone feel good about themselves. They are the kindest people. THe waterfall Kuang Si falls looks like Havasu Pi and Agua Azul in mexico with its blue blue water and limestone falls. As we were swimming it began to down pour. The rain was so warm and the droplets were the size of pennies. We were drenched and all of our stuff was drenched when we got back to the tuk tuk. It was a strenous hike and after we took a warm shower(I think that this sounds weird, they were separate showers and separate beds) Anne and I both fell asleep for 3 hours accidently.Today we went rafting and had a lovely (brittis again) time. The rapids weren't very huge but you couldn't beat the scenery and surroundings. I have fallen in love with Lao. I could see why everyone we meet says that they wish they had more time in Lao. Tonight we went to the night market and again I spent more money than I should ($12) but when are you going to be in Lao again?Well tomorrow we will go see some more Wats and fly out to Bangkok if all goes well.See you soon and mom and dad I will call you on the 31st (mon) around 3pm your time to tell you when my flight is. It is kind of weird to fly standbye and I might be in LA for a day (Let hope not)

No comments: