Tuesday, September 17, 2002

Mexican Indepence Day and other good news

Hello FamiliaWell, I hope you all enjoyed Mexican Independence Day, I sure did. We first went to Mexico City and painted the new center for children with cancer. Then Chris and I went to Acupulco for a couple of hours and waited for our friends to come from Cuernavaca. We went swimming in the Ocean and then ate good food. We then took a ten hour bus trip at night to a beach called Mayunte in Oaxaca. It is close to Puerto Escondido where they have a huge surfing competition and where the waves are some of the largest in the world.There were 14 of us total 9 beautiful girls and 5 guys. We slept every night in hammocks on the beach. They were very comfortable and only $2 a night. And although the first night it rained, we had our palm thatched canopy to protect us. But I slept grate through out the trip They also had fresh seafood and shrimp that was the best I have ever tasted. You would have been in heaven Dad.We also met a German couple who wanted to know everything about the church. I more or less gave them the first discussion They became our good friends and we played volley ball and body surfed with them. The waves were so big that the girls hardly got in the water because they would loose their bikinis. They would have fit in with some of Euro girls that walked around without their tops on anyways.We also went on an adventure hike to see the sunset. I was in heaven and if you can I would definitely tell you to come down here. The beaches are very clean and pretty remote that most of the Mexicans don`t know about them. There was about 50 people on the whole beach and it was a holiday weekend.I am terrible sun burned and pealing, but I am very relaxed and happy. It is great how the ocean can make you forget all of the stresses of life. We spent the holiday weekend with the town. They had the traditional independence yell and a huge dance. We danced with the little kids and with the other people until 2 in the morning. It was funny to see 5 year olds up so late.I also have potentially good news. I told Maria that I wasn`t going to go to USU because of financial problems. She told me to write the provost about my problem and about what I have done at USU. The provost is talking to the Dean of my college to get me a scholarship for Spring, and is giving me lots of advice. So this could be good news. We will have to see. You never know what is going to happen in life, I don`t even know where I will be going to school in the Fall.I love you and hope that you are having a good time. Don`t be afraid to write me. I will write you back,Scott

No comments: