Tuesday, September 24, 2002

GREAT NEWS!!!!!

have great news. For all of you who didn�t know, I lost my scholarship atUSU because of I had too many credits because of the Spanish Clep test andbecause of going to two fall semesters in a row. I was going to go to theCommunity college because I have been having too much fun in Mexico and willnot have a lot of $$$ when I come back. I told the professor that I amwriting an article with about the problem and she told me to email the provostabout my problem. I did and she talked to the dean of my college, they pulledstrings and now they gave me a scholarship. In thier words "I am too valuableto loose".Because everything I do they get to put USU�s name on it. It is like having anemployee that they don�t have to pay. I am fine because I get to do everythingI want and now I don�t have to worry about tuition.They want to meet and talk with me when I come back. I feel that I should dosomething to thank them right now. Any suggestions? I think I should sendthem a thank you card or have Paul deliver one to them. I would like to givethe ladies flowers too but I don�t know if that is too much. Tell me what youthink.As for Mexico, I didn�t get to go to the soccer game because it was too farand I had class, but next time. Also because of my good sunburn that i got onthe beach, I am pealing a lot. I am collecting my skin in a jar so that youcan see. Well, it is mostly to gross out the people that I live with. I liketo put it next to the salt and sugar in our cupboards.Sometimes I feel like I am on a mission here. Yesterday, Chris and I gotasked to give a presentation in our phonetics class on poligamy. I taught adiscussion for new members, brought investigator friends to our ward familynight and then went to my home teaching companions house because he isinactive to talk about our visits and Chris and i stayed and talked with themuntil midnight. It is fun, but because Chris and I are always together becauseour schedules are the same, we have the same friends, do the same serviceprojects and the same activities in the church sometimes I feel like we arecompanions.However, I am going to the mexican village today alone to finish my naturalmedicine project and to teach english classes but I am excited to get youremails on thurs.

No comments: